Re: Bug regarding transposed key change

From: Noeck
Subject: Re: Bug regarding transposed key change
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2017 19:44:26 +0100

Hi Robert,

Am 05.12.2017 um 16:02 schrieb Robert Murdoch:
> It just seemed strange to me that the program would do this.

Lilypond aligns the key signature (only the flats or sharps) and puts
the key cancellation (which is a different object from the key
signature) before the key signature.

Perhaps you can see the alignment and why it can make sense in this example:

\score {
  <<
    \relative c' {
      \key e \minor
      c1
      \key bes \major
    \relative c' {
      \key g \minor
      c1
      \key g \major

Of course if one staff didn't have any key signature (like c major) and
the other had many flats/sharps, the gap due to this alignment can be
quite large. I cannot tell you whether this gap conforms to music
notation standards.

Cheers,
Joram