Re: spanners in multi-voice

From: N. Andrew Walsh
Subject: Re: spanners in multi-voice
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2018 11:32:47 +0100

Arrgh. I may not have resolved my issue (or, there's something going on here I don't understand).

Here's an example:

\version "2.19.80"

\relative c'' {
\time 4/8

%1-2
 R2*2

 | %3
 <<
   { a,16\cresc\( d~ d4.\) }
   \\
   { a8~ a4. }

 | %4
 <<
   { a16\( d f4.\) }
   \\
   { a,8~ a4. }

 | %5
 <<
   { \tuplet 3/2 { a16\( d f } a4.\) }
   \\
   { a,8~ a4. }

 | %6
 <<
   { \tuplet 6/4 4 { a16\( d f a d f } a4\!\) }
   \\
   { a,,4~ a }

 | %7
 <<
   { d''8~\decr d4. }
   \\
   { d16 g,~ g4. }

 | %8
 d32\( a'16.~ a4.\)

 | %9
 <<
   { a8~ a4.\! }
   \\
   { \tuplet 3/2 { a16 e cis } a4. }

 | %10
 <<
   \\
   { a8~ a4. }

}

Here, the \cresc command creates a dynamic as text without issue (from bar 3 to 6). However, the \decr command, from bar 7 to 10, does not, and I get the error about an unterminated decrescendo I posted previously.

So what am I doing wrong here?