Re: spanners in multi-voice

From: N. Andrew Walsh
Subject: Re: spanners in multi-voice
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2018 11:40:04 +0100

Update:

On Fri, Jan 19, 2018 at 11:32 AM, N. Andrew Walsh <address@hidden> wrote:
Arrgh. I may not have resolved my issue (or, there's something going on here I don't understand).

Here's an example:
[SNIP]

 | %8
 d32\( a'16.~ a4.\)

The problem is this measure. When a spanner that starts in a multi-voice measure, and ends in a multi-voice measure, has a single-voice measure in between, I get the error. When I replace measure 8 with the following:

| %8
 <<
   { d32\( a'16.~ a4.\) }
   \\
   { s2 }

… then it works fine. This seems like a bit of an ugly hack, but I suppose there's no better way to do this (and there's probably some good reasons why it should work like that).

So just to confirm: is this intended behavior?