Re: bug in \repeat percent?

From: Blöchl Bernhard
Subject: Re: bug in \repeat percent?
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2018 10:05:50 +0100

Am 24.01.2018 22:01, schrieb Thomas Morley:
Thanks for explanation! I read the Manual but the information is very densly
packed, easy to overlook something. But I do not find that in a second
reading of http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/snippets/repeats.

I tried

\version "2.19.80"

[...]

Please refer to the docs matching your version. Sometimes they improve ;)

In
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation/short-repeats#percent-repeats
you could read:

"
Known issues and warnings

Percent repeats will not contain anything else apart from the percent
sign itself; in particular, timing changes will not be repeated.
[...]
Any meter changes or \partial commands need to occur in parallel
passages outside of any percent repeat, e.g in a separate timing
track.
[...]
"

Same holds for bar-lines.

Cheers,
  Harm

Thank you for clarification! The description of \repeat percent in the manual for the latest lilypond version is extended and clearer. So my musical construct is outside the design limits of \repeat percent.

Clearly no bug but my misconception.

Thanks and regards