Re: TAB with right hand fingering(s) IN CHORDS ?

From: Éric
Subject: Re: TAB with right hand fingering(s) IN CHORDS ?
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2018 01:53:33 -0700 (MST)

Hi,

Thomas Morley-2 wrote
> Though, you're right in so far as TabStaff is usually regarded as a
> notation where already is shown what to _do_.
> Thus, fingerings, stroke-finger, string-numbers are superfluous.

I think a tablature is a notation showing where_to_go but not how_to_do_it.
So fingerings in a tablature are not superfluous (but string numbers and
fret indications are, for sure).
They can be confusing to read for exemple for left hand numerals in a modern
numbered-tablature.
Old lute lettered-tablature are using a dots system instead of letters for
right-hand fingerings to avoid any confusion.
But your proposition of capital letters instead, is very interesting in that
context.

Thomas Morley-2 wrote
> I didn't figure why lilypond complains about unset side-axis in
> TabVoice, though.

Do you know why LilyBin in not complaining ?

Cheers
Éric