Re: Function or command to omit only certain accidentals of a chord?

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Function or command to omit only certain accidentals of a chord?
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2018 22:49:58 +0100

> Ideally, I wanted a function
> that I could use with the edition-engraver to tweak target elements inside
> chords. I framed the question around accidentals in the post above, but
> ultimately I hoped to be able to use the same function (or a very similar
> one) to tweak ties of specific notes instead of being forced to use one
> override for the whole chord, or to tweak other properties of specific notes
> should the need arise.

Well, we have
(1) override.
Aplied to a chord it will work on all relevant grobs found.
One could define some selection, ofcourse.
Like:
command =
\override NoteHead.before-line-breaking =
  #(lambda (grob)
    (let* ((cause (ly:grob-property grob 'cause))
           (pitch (ly:prob-property cause 'pitch))
           (alteration (ly:pitch-alteration pitch))
           (accidental (ly:grob-object grob 'accidental-grob)))
    (if (and (ly:grob? accidental) (eqv? alteration 1/2))
        (ly:grob-set-property! accidental 'stencil #f))))

But you wrote you would prefer to address specific notes, not the whole chord.
Therefore we have:

(2) tweak
But you didn't like the already proposed
\single \omit Accidental
which _is_ a tweak

(3) context-properties
basically accidentalStayle sets context-properties.
But ofcourse can't change other note-head-properties as you seem to like.

So I'm at a loss guessing what you desire.

Cheers,
  Harm