Re: does the custom \dynamic function create DynamicText grobs?

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: does the custom \dynamic function create DynamicText grobs?
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2018 20:08:24 -0500

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the quick response.

> DynamicText is caused, but you can't nuke the stencil via
> \omit (which would be stencil-override).

Ah.

> But you could do it later.
> Applying
> \override DynamicText.after-line-breaking =
>  #(lambda (grob) (ly:grob-set-property! grob 'stencil '()))
> will work, though.

That is like \hide rather than \omit, no?
(At least that's how it _appears_ to behave when I apply it to my non-minimal
"real world" score.)

For now, this works fine — I'm just trying to blank out all dynamics, so I can
print out a score and pencil in dynamics on the score, away from the computer —
but I am curious if there's a real "stencil nuke" (in case I ever need to do it
in an edition-engraver tweak, for example).

Thanks!
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info