Re: Change the duration of a chord defined as a variable

From: paolo prete
Subject: Re: Change the duration of a chord defined as a variable
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2018 14:33:54 +0100

David,

I wonder if is there another solution for obtaining the same result, because the discussed one is too much unstable. Here's the template, below.
I googled how to change a chord duration, but I found nothing.

%%%%%%%%%%%%

chord = <f' a'>4 -> \mp

newChord =
{
  % .... add \chord with a new fixed duration and with its articulations

I was thinking about taking the articulations from each NoteEvent of the chord, iterating with a (map (lambda (x) ....), and putting them into a new list, but it seems overkill to me...
What do you think?

Thanks for your help

It works in master in that \mp ends up in the _expression_, but indeed it
does so as a note articulation rather than a chord articulation, and
LilyPond just drops \mf on the floor in that position.  Sorry for that.

--
David Kastrup