Re: LilyPond Downloads broken?

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: LilyPond Downloads broken?
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2018 15:11:21 -0000

The lack of the latest files on the linuxaudio site isn't something I can fix.  My understanding is that the situation used to be that used to run a cron job that scp'ed the binaries to linuxaudio.  However, this stopped working when a) Han-Wen changed the hosting of or b) there was a problem with linuxaudio and it had to be rebuilt.  I assume that there is not the correct certificate on the new system.
The cron job was set up by Jan, and the login I use has no access to it.
The simplest solution might be to change to simply pointing all downloads to the server.  I think we didn't do this in the past to lower the load on the server, but the new infrastructure might not see that as a problem.
Copied to Jan and Han-Wen for their thoughts.

Phil Holmes