Re: Centered full-measure rest in 3/4?

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: Centered full-measure rest in 3/4?
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2018 19:01:23 +0100

On 06.03.2018 23:07, Karen Billings wrote:
I am setting an interlude for a colleague. She has specified a full-measure centered rest, notated as a dotted half-rest.

The answer is very simple: Don’t do it. Tell your client it’s wrong notation. One has to do that as an engraver. Exception: your client is very well aware of the rules, but she wants to change them deliberately.

I have searched the documentation for several hours and cannot seem to figure out how to do this.

This is one of the cases where if LilyPond can’t do it (within reasonable effort) it’s a bad thing to do.

Best, Simon