How instruments are set by composer?

From: Noor E Alam Siddiqui
Subject: How instruments are set by composer?
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2018 12:48:01 +0600

We ( would like to know, how instruments are set by composer. What kind of list of instruments are you using? Or do access a general purpose list available somewhere in Internet?

Our challenge is that with different scores, a single instrument may get different names, e.g. "Clarinet B", "Clarinet 1 in B" "Clarinet B flat" etc. and we are looking for unique mapping between registered (real) instruments and the lines of a score dedicated to specific instrument in MusicXML?

Siddiqui Noor
Technical Director

House N°: 3/3, Block: E, Lalmatia,
Dhaka-1207, Bangladesh
Mobile: +880 1712 933 024
Head Office:
Tel: +33 622 72 44 13
Riyadh, KSA

Tel: +966 564756344

Paris, France - Riyadh, Saudi Arabia - Dhaka, Bangladesh, Boulder, USA - London, UK