Re: How instruments are set by composer?

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: How instruments are set by composer?
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2018 14:47:39 +0100

On 08.03.2018 07:48, Noor E Alam Siddiqui wrote:
Hello,

We (pur-music.net <http://pur-music.net>) would like to know, how instruments are set by composer. What kind of list of instruments are you using? Or do access a general purpose list available somewhere in Internet?

Our challenge is that with different scores, a single instrument may get different names, e.g. "Clarinet B", "Clarinet 1 in B" "Clarinet B flat" etc. and we are looking for unique mapping between registered (real) instruments and the lines of a score dedicated to specific instrument in MusicXML?

This question is off-topic here, since it has nothing to do with LilyPond. Maybe there is a comparable MusicXML mailing list?

Best regards,
Simon Albrecht