Re: Tie/Accidental Collision

From: Stefano Troncaro
Subject: Re: Tie/Accidental Collision
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2018 13:58:15 -0300

Hi Simon,

I understand. Let me ask you then, where should this behavior be documented? Perhaps in the section about modifying shapes in the Notation Reference?
Currently it states:

Known issues and warnings

It is not possible to modify shapes of ties or slurs by changing the control-points property if there are multiple ties or slurs at the same musical moment – the \tweak command will also not work in this case. However, the tie-configuration property of TieColumn can be overridden to set start line and direction as required.

Since contrary to the above this is indeed possible (as proved by the example shared by Harm), could this paragraph be updated instead? I think we can all agree that the documentation needs to convey accurate information.

I was going to write a longer message but this has already gone too out of thread. I don't know where/how this kind of issues are supposed to be discussed. If you could point me in the right direction I'd be happy to bring this up in the right place and in the right manner.