Re: cadenza when having multiple staffs

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: cadenza when having multiple staffs
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2018 22:54:53 -0700

On 2018-09-04 21:13, Edmundo Carmona Antoranz wrote:
I'm writing the score with flute/piano parts and when reaching 2 bars
before Moderato, the flute part has what I think is a cadenza while
the piano part has perfect measures to complete it (rest with
fermata).

It is not a cadenza, per se, but rather an omission of tuplet numbering. The piece seems to omit tuplet numbering in nearly all cases, rather relying solely on beaming groups to indicate the timing.

So the eight "sixteenth" notes that follow the initial quarter are to be mapped onto the first crotchet rest and the subsequent six "eighth" notes are to be mapped onto the second crotchet rest. Something like this, perhaps:

%%%%
\version "2.19.82"

flute = \relative bes''' {
  \stemDown
  bes4 \fermata ~ \(
  \omit TupletNumber
  \tuplet 8/4 { bes16 g e cis ais g e cis }
  \tuplet 6/2 { ais8 \) <e e'> ^\( <fis fis'>
  <b b'>2. \fermata
}

\score { << \new Voice { \key c \minor \time 3/4 \flute } >> }
%%%%

-- Aaron Hill