Re: 3/2 unusual writing

From: Graham King
Subject: Re: 3/2 unusual writing
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2018 12:17:13 +0100

On 4 Oct 2018, at 10:09, Jacques Menu wrote:

> Hello folks,
>
> I’ve found this in Charpentier’s Te Deum, as engraved by the Centre de
> Musique Baroque de Versailles, which I had never seen before:
>
> <3-2 unusual writing.png>
>
> It’s quite readable indeed, maybe more than using the modern notation with
> quarters, and I’ve wondered if there a way to obtain that with Lily.
>
> Thanks for your help!
>
> JM

Jacques, does this help?
The code works for your example, but it would need a bit of work to generalise
it.

\version "2.19.82"

whiteheads = #(define-music-function (music) (ly:music?)
  #{
    \temporary \override NoteHead.stencil = #ly:text-interface::print
    \temporary \override NoteHead.text = \markup {
      \musicglyph "noteheads.s1" }
    \omit \time 3/4
    \shiftDurations #1 #0 { #music }
    \omit \time 3/2