Re: Automatically identify beats

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Automatically identify beats
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2018 01:24:34 +0200

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

> namely a bunch of Translator_creator s creating C++ engravers (maybe the
> print expression should at least mention _which_ C++ engraver in order
> to make them look less similar)

which is actually pretty hard since the Translator_creator type is
identical for all C++ translators and is just instantiated with an
allocator function able to create the required type of C++ translator.
So basically all a Translator_creator instance can do is, well, create a
translator.  It has no other type-dependent information and I would not
want to create a translator when printing just so that I can look up its
name.

So 2.21 material.

--
David Kastrup