Re: My finances.

From: David Wright
Subject: Re: My finances.
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2018 11:26:35 -0600

On Fri 09 Nov 2018 at 09:02:44 (-0600), Karlin High wrote:
> On 11/9/2018 8:43 AM, Ben wrote:
> > Is it better to use *his* local currency, I assume? Or are there
> > fees on his end that I can avoid? USD vs. Euro
>
> I'd say it's better for the receiver if funds are sent in their main
> currency. Expect a 2% to 3% conversion fee; exact rates will be shown
> before transaction is final.

If you're UK-based and sending foreign currency, you should of course
use a credit or debit card that has no foreign currency (loading) fees.
Such cards are listed on the https://www.moneysavingexpert.com site.
I don't know whether paying PayPal in this manner counts as a
cash withdrawal (use debit card) or not (credit card also ok).

In the US, there are similar credit cards (like Barclays 'ring', not
for cash withdrawals) but I don't know about debit cards issued by
banks, nor how to find out. (AFAIK there's no such site as above.)

Cheers,
David.