Re: My finances.

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Re: My finances.
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2018 10:18:51 +1100

No it is not insidious. The money remains in your balance until accepted by the receiver. It's a good and fluent system. If the receiver does not accept it, it remains your money. Paypal international fees are vastly lower than our Australian bank charges. Useful and easy and completely ethical.

Andrew

On Sat, 10 Nov 2018 at 02:41, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
Urs Liska <address@hidden> writes:

> Am 9. November 2018 16:02:44 MEZ schrieb Karlin High <address@hidden>:
>
>>And yes, sending PayPal to an email address works fine. As I
>>understand it, if the person doesn't already have a PayPal account,
>>they'll receive an email with instructions how to set one up to claim
>>the funds.
>
> That is correct,

Oh wow, that's insidious.  Like a bank accepting money on behalf of a
non-customer and then telling him how he can join in order to get it.
In my book, money to non-existing accounts should not be accepted.

Mind you, I do have a PayPal account under that address so my
offendedness is on principle rather than practice.