Re: Overriding default text of \f, \p, etc.

From: Wols Lists
Subject: Re: Overriding default text of \f, \p, etc.
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2024 08:33:54 +0100

On 12/04/2024 08:21, YTG 1234 wrote:
Hello List,

I want to override the default text markup used with commands such as \f, \p, \mf, etc.

However, trying to define f = #(make-dynamic-script ...) doesn't work because Lilypond interprets f as a note-name.

Additionally, how would I be able to change the text while maintaining the MIDI effect? I tried using \tweak DynamicText.text but it doesn't seem to override the text...

This is my file that defines assorted dynamic markups (it's an old lilypond version so I'm sure it can be improved ...

% This contains assorted dynamics functions ...

% dynamic setting - "p - ff"
pthenff = _\markup{ \dynamic p \italic "-" \dynamic ff }

% dynamic setting - "f - p"
fthenp = _\markup{ \dynamic f \italic "-" \dynamic p }

mfthenff = _\markup{ \dynamic mf \italic "-" \dynamic ff }

% this is the correct way to do it ...
sfzp = #(make-dynamic-script "sfzp")
piu-f = #(make-dynamic-script #{ \markup { \normal-text \italic piu f } #})

fzp = _\markup{ \dynamic fzp }
% forzando - piano
ffzp = _\markup{
        \dynamic ffzp