Re: Overriding default text of \f, \p, etc.

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: Overriding default text of \f, \p, etc.
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2024 01:51:00 -0700

On 2024-04-12 12:21 am, YTG 1234 wrote:
Hello List,

I want to override the default text markup used with commands such as \f, \p, \mf, etc.

However, trying to define f = #(make-dynamic-script ...) doesn't work because Lilypond interprets f as a note-name.

Additionally, how would I be able to change the text while maintaining the MIDI effect? I tried using \tweak DynamicText.text but it doesn't seem to override the text...

Since f is a pitch, you need to put it in quotes.  Consider:

%%%%
\version "2.25.13"

"f" =
  -\tweak color #red