linphone-developers

[Linphone-developers] Easier ways to sign the Contributor Agreement

From: Andrey Gursky
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Easier ways to sign the Contributor Agreement
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2016 20:45:45 +0100

Dear Belledonne Communications members,

I'd like to sign the Contributor Agreement but I could not find any
secured method to do it [1]. What about to afford an easy way to do it
on some https web-page?

The currently approach to
- download,
- print,
- fill and sign with a pen,
- scan,
- attach a scanned file to a new e-mail and send
looks a little bit outdated and complicated to me. At least you should
publish your GPG Public Key and a corresponding fingerprint on the
mentioned page [1]. This is a minimal requirement in order to send a
signed CA by e-mail.

Moreover, in your CA there is nothing about that any contributions are
made, of course, AS IS WITHOUT WARRANTIES and so on. What are the
reasons not to include this important for contributors clause?

Regards,
Andrey

[1] http://www.linphone.org/about.html