linterna-magica-users

[linterna-magica-users] [Fwd: Re: A script on this page may be busy...]

From: Ivaylo Valkov
Subject: [linterna-magica-users] [Fwd: Re: A script on this page may be busy...]
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2012 10:37:06 +0200

-------- Forwarded --------
Please keep replies to the list. It might help somebody else.

От: piero <ghiekorg@>
До: Ivaylo Valkov <ivaylo@>
Тема: Re: [linterna-magica-users] A script on this page may be busy...
Дата: Tue, 03 Jan 2012 13:40:36 +0100

Il giorno mar, 03/01/2012 alle 09.50 +0200, Ivaylo Valkov ha scritto:
> В 16:23 +0100 на 02.01.2012 (пн), piero написа:
> > Hi,
>
> Hello,
>
> Sorry for the delay. First post messages must be approved to prevent
> spam.

it's ok ;)
> > i'm using icecat 3.6.16 and gnewsense deltah. Linterna magica works
> > great.
>

> > The only problem is that i have to disable it when i'm surfing
> > other sites like facebook, google, yahoo... Because i receive this
> > message
> > "A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding.
>
> Yes, that is known behaviour (bug) in some websites. I've experienced it
> only with Firefox and forks. I'm currently using IceCat 3.6.16, because
> Epiphany is too unstable in Trisquel and it seems almost fine. I think
> this is caused by large data (JavaScript scripts text) that Linterna
> Mágica is trying to match text and extract links from.
>
> There is a way to prevent this, but it is not working always. Go to
> about:config and search for dom.max_script_run_time. Increase the time
> as much as needed. This is not a good solution because it might cause
> the browser unresponsive for the time the script is running.

exactly, i tried a value of 100 and my browser has been freezed for 100
seconds...

> There is no general fix for Linterna Mágica so far that will prevent
> this
it's ok. it is not that unconfortable... i put the value to 1 so if i
forget to turn greasemonkey off, the error pops up after just a second.

> > I also tried it on epiphany, but it is even worst,
>
> I don't remember experiencing this bug in Epiphany.

i'm using epiphany 2.22.2
> > because epiphany hasn't a button to turn off greasemonkey (i have to turn
> > it off under
> > tools>extensions>greasemonkey).
>
> That is the only way. Well another option is removing the Grease Monkey
> script from ~/.gnome2/epiphany/extensions/data/greasemonkey/ and coping
> it back when you need it.
>
> Epiphany had a bug about about box-shadow CSS rules that made it slow
> down in certain pages. I don't remember in which versions and I don't
> know was it fixed. I have a user style sheet that disables box-shadow,
> so it is not slowing down. Try this in a user style sheet to see if it
> fixes the slowdown:
>
> div {
> box-shadow:none !important;
> -moz-box-shadow:none !important;
> -webkit-box-shadow:none !important;
> }
>
> The bug actually is (was) for WebKit, so this fix will work in Midori
> too.
>
> > the only buttons that works are:
> > save the video and change quality. the others doesn't... how to get them
> > to work?
>
> Which version of Linterna Mágica? Which website? Browser? The latest
> bug-fix release is 0.0.10-2 and everything seems to be working in
> YouTube with IceCat 3.6.16.

linterna magica 0.0.10-2 (november 2011) and also tried the unstable
234; youtube or vimeo; on icecat 3.6.16 (and epiphany 2.22.2).
i saw that if i put it on fullscreen, the layout becomes totem-like and
the volume controller works, the time works too but i can't go forward
or backward. i saw that if i right click and choose informations, it
give me "totem-plugin-viewer 2.22.1, Plugin per il browser basato su
GStreamer 0.10.18" (which mean the browser plugin is based on Gstreamer
0.10.18).
> > thank you!
>
> You are welcome.

thanks again