liquidwar-user

[liquidwar-user] Trouble playing over LAN

From: Fraser
Subject: [liquidwar-user] Trouble playing over LAN
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 20:00:54 +1000

Liquid War plays great on a single machine, but when me and my friend try to play it over the LAN it is impossible. The lag is such that one can not even move the cursor more than 10 pixels over the duration of the game. Teams barely have the opportunity for their armies to meet before the time runs out even if time limit is set to maximum. Running LW5.5.9 on Win98 on a 400Mhz PII with 320Mb and a 1.2Ghz AMD with 256Mb over 10Mbit ethernet LAN. Running server using the default batch file. Liquid War is set to same default rules and map settings on all machines. Same problem arises regardless of which machine is running the Liquid War server. Both the client machine and client running on the server machine. Another problem is the team colours get mixed up. We had set one team colour to blue and the other team colour to red on both clients, but the client machine which isn't running on the server machine changes its team colours to orange and I forget the other colour it changed, but it wasn't red or blue anyway...
Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?