liquidwar-user

[liquidwar-user] Liquid War 5.6.3

From: Christian Mauduit
Subject: [liquidwar-user] Liquid War 5.6.3
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 22:34:22 +0100

Hi,

Finally... finally... I managed to package something called "Liquid War
5.6.3". Well, far from being the astounishing stuff that 6.0.0 will be,
it's merely a maintenance release. Most important changes are:
- uses Allegro 4.2.0
- joystick support re-enabled (had been broken for years...)
- more maps
- the Fanfic (which is online anyways but)
- the availibility of many more maps as a separate package
- and of course a bunch of little bugs

There are annoying things with this release, including the fact that I'm
having trouble testing it. I have a windows box but no keyboard on it,
need to plug/unplug the keyboard on another machine, use Synergy 8-) I
believe it's pretty much as good as 5.6.2 but this requires more
testing. No Freshmeat announce yet, but I just wanted to inform people
on the list that, well, it's ready.

Another side effect is that I do not provide RPMs nor Mac OS X package
yet. The .spec for the RPMs is available, the source should compile on
Mac OS X, but I like both time and platforms. Any help is welcome
(especially on the Mac OS X front).

Please tell me if you have problems with this release.

Thanks in advance, and have fun,

Christian.

--
Christian Mauduit <address@hidden>     __/\__ ___