lkdp-discuss

[LKDP] booting and init doc

From: stephen
Subject: [LKDP] booting and init doc
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 21:11:24 -0400

Hello

I'm attaching a rough outline of a doc I'm preparing for booting and
initialization.  The main idea is to describe the boot process from
power up to start_kernel(), as suggested by abhi on #lkdp.  Initially,
I will cover the i386 arch, but hopefully I'll get to cover other arches
such as sparc and sparc64.

It's fairly preliminary, so I guess I should work on it for a few
weeks before asking for a cvs account.  I'm open to any suggestions,
questions, or help.  I also frequent #lkdp and #kernelnewbies on
irc.oftc.net under the nick 'litost'.

thanks,
stephen