lmc-dev

Re: [lmc-dev] Unability to open amc-Files

From: lmc-dev
Subject: Re: [lmc-dev] Unability to open amc-Files
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 03:41:36 +0200

Hi, -

This is very strange. So you start lmc, create a new file with a dummy or no entry, save it, close it and when you try opening it you get:

-- snip --
[LMCMain] DEBUG: Autoprobing file format
[LMCMain] ERROR: Cannot read file format: /usr/home/martin/test.amc
-- snip --

This test.amc is one of the files you send me? As you said I was able to open them without problems.

I have added some new debug output where I believe the loading fails. I can't imagine why, though. Please try pre-release 2. We can well go and fix the installation and compilation problems first, that way it'll be easyer to test for the other problem. Also you might want to try the --disable-listviewitem switch to configure. That will cause lmc to fall back to a default class without the need for compiling the lmcqt c++ extenstion.

I compiled and installed moviefly using the --disable-listviewitem switch to configure.

Here is the debug output I get (1) trying to open an one entry file and (2) creating and saving a new empty file, and trying to open it again.

[root] INFO: moviefly  $Rev: 407 $ (c) by Uwe Mayer
[_Settings] INFO: Loading program configuration
(1)
[LMCMain] DEBUG: Autoprobing file format
[LMCMain] ERROR: TypeError trying to open file: /usr/home/martin/test2.amc
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/opt/lmc-0.12.4_pre2/lib/python2.3/site-packages/lmc/lmc.py", line 511,
in fileOpen
    raise e
TypeError: File ID mismatch: this is no valid AMC file v3.3
(2)
[LMCMain] INFO: Using file format: <class 'AMCFile33.AMCFile33'>
[LMCMain] INFO: Creating new file empty2.amc
[PicturePreview] DEBUG: No image set: clearing label
[LMCMain] DEBUG: Enabling file actions
[LMCMain] INFO: File not modified; not saving
[LMCMain] INFO: Closing file /usr/home/martin/empty2.amc
[LMCMain] DEBUG: Disabling file actions
[LMCMain] DEBUG: Autoprobing file format
[LMCMain] ERROR: TypeError trying to open file: /usr/home/martin/empty2.amc
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/opt/lmc-0.12.4_pre2/lib/python2.3/site-packages/lmc/lmc.py", line 511,
in fileOpen
    raise e
TypeError: File ID mismatch: this is no valid AMC file v3.3

Greetings,
Martin