lmi

Re[2]: [lmi] first version of multi dimensional data editor control chec

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re[2]: [lmi] first version of multi dimensional data editor control checked in
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 23:33:02 +0100

On Wed, 4 Jan 2006 16:01:56 -0500 "Boutin, Wendy" <address@hidden> wrote:

BW> How are the dimensions determined? For example, a product parameter
BW> might have three dimensions for one product and four dimensions for
BW> another.

 Sorry, do you mean "how are they determined by the programmer" or "by the
user"? If you mean "the programmer", then I can give a more detailed answer
but if you mean "the user" then I don't think this is supported -- the axis
(or dimensions) used are determined by the program logic. But, of course,
nothing prevents the programmer from using different axis for different
products.

BW> The old product editor has a 'change axes' button that,
BW> when clicked, displays another GUI with the available dimensions.

 Yes, but now you just choose the dimensions to show in the X/Y axis
directly, without having to use a separate mode -- I thought we agreed this
was better UI-wise.

BW> Based on the mailing list discussions, I expected to see an extra
BW> pop-up dialog, but its not there. Is there something equivalent
BW> that I'm missing?

 No, there are no popup dialogs but, AFAICS, none are needed. Unless I'm
missing something in turn?

 Thanks,
VZ