lmi

Re[2]: [lmi] Alien msvc rtl dll messing with the fpu?

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re[2]: [lmi] Alien msvc rtl dll messing with the fpu?
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 20:12:59 +0100

On Wed, 08 Feb 2006 12:23:37 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> That didn't prevent the problem, but we found a brute-force method
GC> that did: at startup, call LoadLibrary() on every dll in the
GC> "\WINDOWS" and "\WINDOWS\SYSTEM[32]" directories.

 This is really, hmm, brute. You can see what DLLs are really being loaded
by asking your user (who can reproduce the problem) to run dependency
walker (www.dependencywalker.com) and using its "Profile" menu (or just
press F7). After exiting the program you will see the list of all loaded
DLLs, including those loaded dynamically.

 This is probably the easiest way to get this information without using a
debugger or writing some code to hook LoadLibraryW() system call.

 Hope this helps,
VZ