lmi

Re[2]: [lmi] building LMI with newer boost

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re[2]: [lmi] building LMI with newer boost
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 12:07:30 +0100

http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_37_0/libs/filesystem/doc/index.htm#Deprecated-names

GC> so there are more than two places we'd have to change:
...16 more occurrences snipped...
GC> and it's not a simple matter of renaming a couple of functions,
GC> either, because some of these features have been removed.

 Sorry, it does look less easy than I though. I somehow stopped reading
this table after the first couple of lines (which mentioned the functions I
had problems with) and didn't even notice that some functions were simply
removed.

GC> So, if you just want to address the has_leaf() problem for now:
GC>
GC> http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/lmi/2008-12/msg00024.html
GC> | It was apparently a mistake and corrected
GC> | since then (see https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/changeset/48374/)
GC>
GC> then I'd ask whether you could just apply the boost patch cited
GC> to correct that boost mistake.

 Yes, I think I'm going to do this.

GC> OTOH, if you want to address the whole problem, so that lmi builds with
GC> the latest version of boost with BOOST_FILESYSTEM_NO_DEPRECATED
GC> defined, then you're welcome to, but that's a much bigger undertaking
GC> than I have time for.

 I still think it would be a useful thing to do so I'll put this in my TODO
list to have something to occupy myself with during the long and idle
winter evenings... I won't [even promise to] do it this year though.

 Thanks,
VZ