lmi

Re: [lmi] change file formats to XML

From: Vaclav Slavik
Subject: Re: [lmi] change file formats to XML
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2010 15:45:11 +0100

Hi,

On Mon, 2010-03-08 at 14:07 +0000, Greg Chicares wrote:
> Assuming we want to make the distinction at all, wouldn't it be
> more precise to use xml::element in all these (and similar) cases?

On one hand, it does make sense to use xml::element here, as we know
that elements are used. On the other hand, xml_serialize::type_io<>
interface must use xml::node, because it sometimes serializes into plain
text nodes.

On balance, I think it would be better to use xml::node in all these
places, for consistency with the type used in type_io<>.

Vaclav