lmi

Re: [lmi] sequence input editor -- how to get accepted keywords

From: Vaclav Slavik
Subject: Re: [lmi] sequence input editor -- how to get accepted keywords
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 19:13:32 +0200

Hi,

On Thu, 2010-06-17 at 00:56 +0000, Greg Chicares wrote:
> > I think it mostly is now. You can see the patch, including some (Linux)
> > screenshots of the control, here:
> >    http://review.bakefile.org/r/210/diff/
>
> That looks really nice. If it's not too much trouble, could I ask you
> to keep that available online for another couple of months?

No problem, the review will be viewable even when closed as committed.
(And I don't plan to shut this server down either.)

> If a later version is required, then we probably should upgrade lmi
> instead of backporting anything to an older wx.

wxTextEntry couldn't be backported to 2.8 without breaking its ABI; I'd
have to change the patch to use only 2.8 features (at the cost of extra
ugliness).

> We're using this:
>   ftp://ftp.wxwidgets.org/pub/2.9.0/wxWidgets-2.9.0.tar.bz2

For production builds? Then there's no problem, 2.9 should suffice -- as
far as I can tell, I'm not using any new features, just taking advantage
of the pre-2.9 refactoring that added wxTextEntry.

> > (2) Keywords-only fields aren't supported. If the model has such fields,
> > then they should use read-only wxComboBox.
>
> Yes, it does have several such fields:
>   DeathBenefitOption
>   PaymentMode
>   CorporationPaymentMode

I'll update the patch to implement [one of] these too, then.

Thanks!
Vaclav