lmi

Re: [lmi] Allow opening cell editor with double-click

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] Allow opening cell editor with double-click
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2012 13:31:15 +0000

On 2012-01-03 17:59Z, Václav Slavík wrote:

> I forgot to mention one notable side effect of this change. Previously,
> any of F2, Space or Enter keys could be used to start inline editing of
> a cell in CensusView.

I agree that Enter should do the same thing as double-click. But it
seems weird that Spacebar does anything; could we prevent if from
having any effect, at least in lmi?

> With this patch, Enter is used for the same purpose
> as double-click and Ctrl+E, so only F2 or Space can be used for inline
> editing (and the mouse, of course).

It also blocks Alt-Spacebar, which should pull down the system menu;
I rely on that.

Would it be possible to map something else (e.g., Alt-Enter) to the
inline-editing handler, in addition to F2? F2 is natural because of
the spreadsheet analogy; but I'd like a synonym (other than Spacebar)
that's easier for me to reach than an F key.