lmi

Re: [lmi] Intermittent unit-test failure

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] Intermittent unit-test failure
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2014 01:35:08 +0200

On Sun, 05 Oct 2014 14:37:38 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> On 2012-06-13 11:20Z, Greg Chicares wrote:
GC> > For the first time ever, I just now saw this failure:
GC> >
GC> > Running system_command_test:
GC> >
GC> > **** test failed: Expression 'system_command("grep --quiet xyz eraseme")'
failed to throw expected exception 'std::runtime_error'
GC> > [file /lmi/src/lmi/system_command_test.cpp, line 49]
GC> >
GC> > **** 1 test errors detected; 1 tests succeeded
GC> >
GC> > Running it in a loop:
GC> >   /lmi/src/build/lmi/CYGWIN_NT-5.1/gcc/ship[0]$while true; do
./system_command_test.exe --accept && echo okay; done
GC> > I see it fail on the order of ten percent of the time.
GC>
GC> FWIW, this no longer seems to be a problem.

 All I can say is that I could never reproduce it and still can't. I just
ran the test 5000 times piping it to

        egrev -v '2 tests succeeded|no errors detected|^$'

and it hasn't produced any output. So while it's not entirely satisfying
that we still don't have an explanation for the original failure, I don't
see what else can we do but move on if the problem doesn't appear anywhere
any more.

 Regards,
VZ