lmi

Re: [lmi] Intermittent unit-test failure

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] Intermittent unit-test failure
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2014 13:51:42 +0000

On 2014-10-06 02:37Z, Greg Chicares wrote:
[...]
> Creating a zero-byte file was just a sloppy
> workaround, which obstructed my efforts to understand the
> intermittent problem with 'premium_tax_test'; I'll remove
> it, and fix the CGI binary.

Review and retesting before committing sometimes reveals a problem;
that's why I generally wait a day after changing my local tree
before committing any change. In this case, a zero-byte file really
is the least onerous way to make the CGI test work; but it can have
a filename that makes it clear that it's not otherwise meaningful,
and that prevents it from spoiling other tests. Final changes
committed 20141006T1350Z, revision 5963.