lmi

Re: [lmi] Forcing linking of the library modules (again)

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] Forcing linking of the library modules (again)
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2014 17:04:12 +0200

On Mon, 06 Oct 2014 14:59:43 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> On 2014-10-04 14:52Z, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
GC> > On Sat, 04 Oct 2014 13:20:57 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:
GC> [...]
GC> > GC> I'm willing to apply such a patch
GC>
GC> Soon I'll apply your [snipped] patch.

 Thanks! I think after this I will have only auto{conf,make} related
patches left locally, would you like me to send them to you or should I
just commit them directly? I believe that you had allowed us to commit
patches touching only these files directly, but it was quite some time ago,
so I'd like to have a confirmation that I remember it correctly.

GC> > GC>   grep 'volatile bool\|ensure_setup' *.?pp
GC> >
GC> >  The search finds the following files:
GC> >
GC> > - {file_command,progress_meter,system_command}_wx.cpp: these are the files
GC> >   that genuinely need the workaround.
GC>
GC> I suspect that this became necessary only on 20140226T1537Z, when the
GC> wx-dependent code was refactored and most of it moved into the 'skeleton'
GC> library.

 Yes, exactly.

 Thanks again,
VZ