lmi

[lmi] Patches to run the tests with, or without, any password

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: [lmi] Patches to run the tests with, or without, any password
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2014 01:53:49 +0200

On Mon, 20 Oct 2014 14:12:28 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> I think it's important to be able to test with any password, or with none,
GC> so that we can run 'wx_test' the same way end users run 'lmi_wx_shared'.

 Hello,

 I've finally implemented this, please see the attached patches. Now
running the test with "-t create_open*" argument results in

        Starting automatic tests:
            create_open_census: ok (590ms)
            create_open_database: skipped (documents with extension "database"
not supported)
            create_open_gpt: skipped (documents with extension "gpt" not
supported)
            create_open_illustration: ok (2935ms)
            create_open_mec: skipped (documents with extension "mec" not
supported)
            create_open_policy: skipped (documents with extension "policy" not
supported)
            create_open_rounding: skipped (documents with extension "rounding"
not supported)
            create_open_strata: skipped (documents with extension "strata" not
supported)
            create_open_text: skipped (documents with extension "txt" not
supported)
        SUCCESS: 2 tests successfully completed in 3534ms.
        (7 tests were skipped)

as, I think, is expected.

 This change also takes care of the failure in validate_output_mec test.
However there is still one other test case which passes with the
unutterable password, but fails without it: input_validation one. The
reason for this is clear enough, in normal use trying to run
CoiMultiplier.cns results in the following message box

        ---------------------------
        Error
        ---------------------------
        Input validation problems for '':
        Lowest COI multiplier entered is 0.85, but 1 is the lowest multiplier
allowed.

        [file .\input_realization.cpp, line 260]

        ---------------------------
        OK
        ---------------------------

instead of the expected, as described in the item 15 of the testing
specification, one:

        ---------------------------
        Error
        ---------------------------
        Input validation problems for '':
        COI multiplier entered is '0', but it must contain at least one number
other than zero.

        [file .\input_realization.cpp, line 260]

        OK

 The only solution I see here is to check whether the password was given
explicitly in the test. But even then I am not sure if the test should be
skipped if it wasn't given, or just check for a different error message?

 I'm afraid I can't decide on my own what would be the most useful thing to
do here, so I'd be thankful for any advice,
VZ