lmi

Re: [lmi] wx_test regression

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] wx_test regression
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 19:15:01 +0000

On 2014-10-29 14:42Z, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Oct 2014 00:08:49 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:
[...]
> GC> Now the progress meter counts only the IllustrationView windows. That
> GC> takes care of one TODO. As for the others:
> GC>
> GC> // TODO ?? CALCULATION_SUMMARY Instead, why not just update the
> GC> // topmost window first, then update other windows, putting some
> GC> // progress indication on the statusbar?
>
>  I had seen this comment as well but, to be honest, I don't really
> understand it, mostly because I don't see what is meant by the "topmost
> window" here. Illustration views don't have to be stacked with exactly one
> of them being on top, so there isn't necessarily a single such window. If
> anything, I'd display progress in the status bar of the parent frame, which
> is the bottom most one in Z-order.

Yes, that's the right status bar to use: the parent frame's.

The comment meant to say that, if five IllustrationView windows
are shown, with one on top of the others, then it's arguably
ideal to update that most prominent "top" view window first:
it's probably the one the user is looking at, and updating it
first would make the GUI slightly snappier. But I withdraw
the comment: I no longer think it's worth the bother to worry
about this minute detail.