lmi

Re: [lmi] Group premium quotes: UI

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] Group premium quotes: UI
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2015 03:02:10 +0000

On 2015-07-16 21:36, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:

> become
> GC> >
> GC> >  (it can put a button with a drop down menu, which is the more standard
> UI
> GC> > for this kind of things)
> GC>
> GC> Good. Then it'll be like this:
> GC>   http://virt-tools.org/learning/start-vm-with-virt-manager/force-off.png
>
>  Just a note: this is implemented now, but we need at least the new icon

Occam's law of icons: Pluralitas non est ponenda sine necessitate, which
translates more or less as "You really want me to draw more stick figures?".

>  Alternatively, we could actually just use separate items instead of
> submenu/drop down in the toolbar because IMHO things don't look that great
> with the current UI.

I think I'd rather reserve judgment until I see it. I don't think I have
the prerequisites to compile it myself yet, so if you want an immediate
decision, you could send a binary to my personal account--though of course
I'd be happy to postpone this.

>  To be honest, I could be just subconsciously looking for the excuses to
> not create any new icons

I second that emotion. I'm just not clear on the alternatives without
seeing it myself.