lmi

Re: [lmi] Upgrading to gcc-4.9.2

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] Upgrading to gcc-4.9.2
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2015 00:46:26 +0100

On Thu, 17 Dec 2015 23:41:52 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> Actually, above I rebuilt wx, but without '-std=c++11'.
GC>
GC> Then I rebuilt wx again, this time with '-std=c++11', and now lmi links.

 I'm relieved to hear this, especially because I spent some effort some
time ago on testing many different combinations of MinGW versions and wx
build flags, but I'll try to test some more clear way of indicating this
C++ version mismatch, e.g. by referencing a dummy wxBuiltInCxx{98,11} mode
depending on the compiler flags used.

GC> It's still not usable because, e.g.:
GC>
GC> Error
GC> Assertion 'infinity<double>() == limits_.back()' failed.
GC> [file /lmi/src/lmi/stratified_charges.cpp, line 137]
GC>
GC> which was foretold by unit tests.

 Should I be looking at/trying to fix this or is this useless because you
will take of it yourself anyhow?

VZ