lmi

Re: [lmi] Converting numbers in mortality tables to and from text

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] Converting numbers in mortality tables to and from text
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2016 18:43:52 +0100

On Sat, 19 Mar 2016 17:26:46 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> Given enough time, we could test this well enough to mitigate any concern
GC> about defects introduced by the change in internal representation. But
GC> it's just not worthwhile.

 I can definitely agree with this, so the double will remain then.

 I still have one other related question: do you have any plans to ever
replace the code in actuarial_table.cpp with the new code? I do see the
obvious argument for not doing this ("If it ain't broke, don't fix it."),
but OTOH having two versions of the same code has its own obvious problems
as well.

 In any case, the current version needs to be merged first, of course, but
if you do, by chance, agree with replacing the existing code, I'd prefer to
work on it sooner rather than later.

 Please let me know what do you think, thanks,
VZ