lmi

Re: [lmi] MDI child frame and wxEVT_MENU_HIGHLIGHT

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] MDI child frame and wxEVT_MENU_HIGHLIGHT
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2016 16:26:36 +0200

On Wed, 30 Mar 2016 14:16:29 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> On 2016-03-30 13:36, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
GC>
GC> > But I am quite sure that this code is not needed now and that things
GC> > work correctly without it which, I think, is what really counts.
GC>
GC> Okay. I tested lmi with this change, and menu-item strings always do seem to
GC> display correctly on the MDI parent's statusbar. The automated GUI tests
find
GC> no problem. Before applying the patch, I added code to pop up a messagebox
GC> whenever the child frame's menu-highlight handler was called, and I couldn't
GC> find a way to cause that messagebox to appear.

 Yes, I had done exactly the same when I was looking at this back in
November (except I used breakpoints instead of the message boxes).

GC> Therefore, I'll apply this patch soon.

 TIA!

GC> This leaves 'docmdichildframe_ex.?pp' virtually empty.
GC> Thus, unless I'm missing something, 'docmdichildframe_ex.?pp' should be
GC> eradicated.

 To be honest, I don't remember if I hadn't noticed this before submitting
the patch or consciously decided not to propose removing it because I
didn't want to change too many things at once (I think it was the latter,
but I might be only thinking it with the benefit of hindsight), but looking
at it objectively, these files, and DocMDIChildFrameEx class, are indeed
perfectly useless. And as it's only used in a single place, when creating
the child in Skeleton::CreateChildFrame(), it's pretty simple to get rid of
it too. Should I make a patch doing it or will you just do it yourself?

 Thanks again for looking at this!
VZ