lmi

Re: [lmi] wxART_* icons not found

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] wxART_* icons not found
Date: Wed, 11 May 2016 22:28:57 +0200

On Wed, 11 May 2016 20:06:16 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> On 2015-11-17 02:34, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
GC> > On Mon, 16 Nov 2015 03:02:34 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:
GC> [...]
GC> > GC> Unable to find icon 'wxART_ERROR' for current theme. Please report
this problem.
GC> > GC> A blank icon will be used instead.
GC> > GC> [file /lmi/src/lmi/icon_monger.cpp, line 192]
GC> >
GC> >  I can reproduce this
GC>
GC> Oddly, now I can't reproduce it myself without the just-applied patch.

 I don't understand how is this possible. If wxART_ERROR is requested in
this function, it should always result in this error. I can try retesting
this myself but the code seems pretty clear...

GC> Perhaps wx has been fortified against this mistake?

 I don't believe anything has changed in wx in this area, but, most
importantly, there is no wx code in icon_monger::CreateBitmap() at all
unless I'm being totally blind.

GC> Even if I 'rm' one of lmi's icons, I get a messagebox with an
GC> 'x'-in-circle icon, which would seem to be 'wxART_ERROR'.

 The only explanation I see is that you have a file called
wxART-ERROR-16.png (or whatever is the requested size) in your data
directory. But I have no idea how could something like this happen...

GC> > and I think the code in icon_monger.cpp is just
GC> > wrong: the comment there implies that it should do nothing for a standard
GC> > icon if it's not found in the map containing lmi-specific overrides, but
it
GC> > actually does do something, namely proceeds with the rest of the function
GC> > execution and so generates the (wrong) warning above.
GC>
GC> Reference:
GC>   https://github.com/vadz/lmi/pull/17/
GC> Committed 20160511T2003Z, revision 6579.

 Thanks, I've closed this (and a few other already applied today) PR(s) now,
VZ