lmi

Re: [lmi] PDF pagination

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] PDF pagination
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2018 17:07:26 +0100

On Tue, 20 Feb 2018 16:02:26 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> On 2018-02-20 14:33, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
GC> > On Tue, 20 Feb 2018 13:48:30 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:
GC> [...]
GC> > GC> Thus, addressing your question quoted above:
GC> > GC>   "... If the headers were the same for all the pages ..."
GC> > GC> we'll work to make them the same for all pages (though they'll still
GC> > GC> differ by ledger type). We won't do that now: it's better to test
GC> > GC> everything thoroughly first, before changing such details.
GC> >
GC> >  I agree that it's best to do it like this, but what should be done for
the
GC> > overflowing explanatory notes?
GC>
GC> Fix now, because it's a blocking issue.

 This is what I thought, thanks for confirmation. But I still don't see any
other way to do this, right now, without adding per-page header templates.
So should I start doing it like this or do you see any other way to do it?

 Also, I wonder if we should allow overflowing on all pages or only on some
selected/specifically marked ones? In principle, as long as we implement
support for pagination anyhow, it's not more difficult (and probably even
easier, although also longer, in execution time terms) to do it for all
pages and not just the notes ones, but I wonder if it's really desirable or
if it would be better to give an error if some other page overflows
unexpectedly?

VZ