loco-dev

[Loco-dev] Local ips

From: Janico Greifenberg
Subject: [Loco-dev] Local ips
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 23:26:48 +0200

Hi,
I just commited changes to make the  way how a peer can get his
own ip address for login more reliable. The old system used reverse
lookup of the host's name; this assumed that you have a real domain name or the
correct address is in your /etc/hosts. It did not work with any kind of
dynamic ip address. I created a function (loco_get_ifs) and a struct
(LocoIFInfo) to handle info about the interfaces of the current machine. This
needs to be correctly integrated into loco-msg (currently I'm always using
eth0) which should be pretty easy.
I would also like support for a config file for loco-msg (I set this up as a
task at savannah).

So long
   Divo
--
Warning! Taking anyone (especially yourself) too serious will be harmful