loongson-buildfarm

[loongson-buildfarm] distcc on the farm

From: Alexandre Oliva
Subject: [loongson-buildfarm] distcc on the farm
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2009 03:00:37 -0200

Hi all,

On Dec 16, 2009, Danny Clark <address@hidden> wrote:

> We haven't figured out exactly how to deal with the 3 additional
> machines yet; put probably will make the most sense to have them be for
> special projects / distcc slaves instead of additional login boxes.

+1 for distcc, as long as we keep the package set installed on all of
them synchronized.  Or at the very least compiler and binutils are the
same.

> If you are willing to help with the setup of that, or have ideas on
> the best setup

I've used distcc a lot years ago, but it was on a single-user
configuration.  distcc over ssh can deal with multi-user arrangements,
but ssh transfers would be a waste of cpu, I think.  Would all users of
the farm trust each other so much that we could have a single distcc
daemon accepting compilation requests from everyone?  As for rejecting
compilation requests from the outside network, could we rely on some
firewall, or should distcc be configured to accept requests only from
specific hosts?