loongson-buildfarm

[loongson-buildfarm] Re: distcc on the farm

From: Danny Clark
Subject: [loongson-buildfarm] Re: distcc on the farm
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2009 20:18:36 -0500

Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> On Dec 20, 2009, Alexandre Oliva <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> On Dec 16, 2009, Danny Clark <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>>> We haven't figured out exactly how to deal with the 3 additional
>>> machines yet; put probably will make the most sense to have them be for
>>> special projects / distcc slaves instead of additional login boxes.
>
>> +1 for distcc, as long as we keep the package set installed on all of
>> them synchronized.  Or at the very least compiler and binutils are the
>> same.
>
> Having ccache on the farm, at least on the entry-point machine, would be
> nice.  I'm missing it, and I don't think I have privileges to install
> it.

It's installed now (already told lxo via IRC, but for other's benefit...)

Also if no one objects to distcc (and ccache) being put on the other
boxes (within say a few days) I can go do that soon after.

Cheers,
--
Daniel JB Clark   | Sys Admin, Free Software Foundation
pobox.com/~dclark | http://www.fsf.org/about/staff#danny