lout-users

problems with your tech report

From: Jeffrey H Kingston
Subject: problems with your tech report
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 1996 10:43:55 +0000

(1) Figure after reference list.  This is a feature, not a bug.  Use the
    @Location option to @Figure to change the location; Display looks
    good in your case, IMO.  If you want the figure at the top of the
    page that contains the reference to the figure, you will have to
    move the figure backwards through the body text.  This is because
    no @Location option is capable of locating a figure earlier in the
    document than the point where it occurs.

(2) Index entries at foot of page.  I know about this one, it only
    happens in ordinary documents and tech reports (not books), and
    it goes away when the number of entries increases enough to fill
    the first column.  If you do have only a few entries in your final
    index, you can pad out with twenty or so entries like

        zzz.1 @RawIndex ""
        zzz.2 @RawIndex ""

    as a workaround.  I would rather not fix this problem, since it
    would be a messy job.

I'll get to work on your other suggestions for improvements in the
next few days.

Jeff Kingston
address@hidden (untile December 20)
address@hidden (still works fine, is being forwarded automatically)