lout-users

Re: missing Lout math signs

From: Jeffrey H Kingston
Subject: Re: missing Lout math signs
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 1996 15:08:11 +0000

I have added a mapsto relation to @Eq for the next release.

There are no symbols for the sets N, Z, Q, R, and C in any
of the widely available fonts.  The best approximation I can
suggest is to use bold, perhaps in definitions such as

    extend @Eq
    def @Natural { @B "N" }

to make it easy to use.

Lout's equation formatting has been gradually improving now
for a long time, and it has reached a point where further
improvement requires different fonts.  Have you tried teq
(user's guide, end of equation formatting chapter)?  I
consider teq to be comparable to TeX in quality, and I would
be interested to hear of any remaining problems with it.

Jeff Kingston