lout-users

Re: Preaching DSSSL (Re: using LOUT)

From: Sean Russell
Subject: Re: Preaching DSSSL (Re: using LOUT)
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 14:51:59 -0700 (PDT)

On 27 Aug, Valeriy E. Ushakov wrote:
> When you have a couple of rich DTD's you work with, you may have
> converters programmed once and for ever.  But I'd like to write small
> DTDs as I need them (I have hacked easydtd to run on Unix and it's
> really easy).  Most of them will be a screen long with another few
> screens of *declarative* DSSSL style sheet.

I haven't checked to see if Jade will handle DTD-less XML documents.
XML sounds like it would be ideal for your purposes.  For small DTDa,
or for generating DTDs on the fly for different projects, it is often
double the work to write the DTD for the document it serves.

This is the second message in this thread that doesn't mention the
topic of this mailing list.  My SOP is that the third message, if it
still doesn't mention the main topic, be taken private, so as not to
disturb the regular denizens of the mailing list who Really Don't Care;
so if you reply to this, reply to me directly, please.

--
<|>       address@hidden <-> http://jersey.uoregon.edu/ser
/|\       ------- [           Software Engineer          ] --------
/|                [ PGP info available from my web site  ]