lout-users

Re: draft new tables chapter available for review

From: Pieter J. Kersten
Subject: Re: draft new tables chapter available for review
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 10:36:42 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 20 Nov 1998, Jeff Kingston wrote:

> I've placed a draft of a new chapter of the User's Guide,
> to replace the old one on tables, on my ftp site for
> review:
>
>     ftp://ftp.cs.usyd.edu.au/jeff/lout/tbl.ps
>
> It's not quite complete (either the code or the
> documentation) but it's getting close.  Please let me
> have your comments.  This new table formatting
> package will be part of the next release of Lout.
> The old one (tab) will remain for backward compatibility.
>
> Jeff Kingston

Jeff,

I'm impressed. I expected lout to be up to the task, but I couldn't
imagine to see almost all of my wishes fulfilled. Great job! I only hope
lout 3.13 will be out real soon.

A few questions though: could you include an example of including an
arbitrary cell *background*, lets say an EPS file? Can one tile this kind
of background? Also is it possible to do some fancy shadowing around the
borders? If so, please include an example.

I expect this (besides tiling) to be trivial questions, but it would take
quite some time to figure them out on my own. I imagine that I'm not
standing alone herein.

Many thanks! Lout will soon be a core member of my toolbox.

CU,
--
Pieter J. Kersten; Erasmus Universiteit Rotterdam, dept. DI&A/S&N,
WH2-10, B. Oudlaan 50, 3062 PA Rotterdam, Netherlands;